Big 5 Area
- Children of all ages accepted
- Kids are accommodated in the Family Suites on a sleeper sofa
- Babysitting available on request at an additional charge
- Children under 6 years not allowed on game drives unless a private vehicle is booked in advance
- Kids program for younger guests and all kids receive a Kiddie's Backpack
Thornybush Game Lodge
Limpopo, South Africa
- Type:Safari Lodge
Game Lodge was the first of its kind in the Thornybush Nature Reserve, opening its doors back in 1961. As the original establishment, it put Thornybush on the map and established our reputation for world-class game-viewing.
Now, with a note of sophistication in the design and layout, our thatched main area overlooks a waterhole and riverbed frequently visited by elephants, buffalo and other large game. The classic lower deck flows between the open dining area and a beautiful bar.
Sunbirds, attracted to the many aloes which surround the main deck, are just some of the many small delights you can expect on your stay at Thornybush Game Lodge.
The warm-hearted staff, riverbed setting and legacy of excellence are standout features. Meals, when taken at the lodge, are Ottolenghi-style buffets prepared by Solly, the legendary master bush chef! Bush dinners are a firm favorite with our guests, where you get to enjoy a hearty meal, surrounded by lanterns, candles and the sound of the African wilderness.
- ‐ Baby Sitting Service
- ‐ Bar
- ‐ Big 5 Area
- ‐ Bush Walks/Safaris
- ‐ Childrens' Programmes
- ‐ Conferencing Facilities
- ‐ Game Drives
- ‐ Library
- ‐ Spa Treatments
- ‐ Swimming Pool
- ‐ View Deck